Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 02:29:39 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

interesting job

Started by fragged8, November 04, 2010, 11:57:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fragged8

hiya

I got a job today making a dingy cover and a wheelhouse cover.
nothing out of the ordinary but I'm in England and the boat
is in France and i won't be going to the boat.

lets hope the customers dimensions are correct eh :-)

byhammerandhand

I once made some elaborate picture frames for an artist for his $10K - $25K paintings.   I made them, added some decorative trim pieces and primed them, then he did various things to them to get them to blend into his artwork such as gold leaf, painting flowed over from canvas to frame etc.  They varied from about 2' x 2' to 5' x 7'.     

I had to remake two of them because he gave me the dimensions and could not understand any division other than halves.  When it got to eighths, he was completely lost.   It was at that point that I got a tape measure that had 1/8 inch increments labeled so that he could tell 3/8 from 5/8.   And I was with him when we remeasured the canvases.

I don't think metric would have done him any better
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mike8560

November 05, 2010, 08:03:18 pm #2 Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:05:29 pm by Mike8560
I made some wins  protection at a tiki bar at a dishing  resort in Honduras once to specs they gave me. P