Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 02:29:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Active Capital

Started by kodydog, February 13, 2015, 11:25:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

This is the second time this week this solicitor called so I thought I'd have a little fun.

Ring, Ring.

Me - Hello, Ladd Upholstery Designs.

Her - Hello, my name is Jenny Moore and I'd like to talk to the business owner about active capital.

Me - Thank you Jenny but we don't need any active capital at this time. But today is your lucky day.

Her - Really, why?

Me - Because today and just for you all fabrics are 15% off. Now what do you need upholstered?

Her - I see, thank you. Click

The solicitor gets solicited. Hehehe

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Virgs Sew n Sew

I get those calls all the time.  Guess I know what I'm going to do the next time I get one. : )

Thanks for letting us all in on the fun!

Virginia

gene

February 13, 2015, 03:58:08 pm #2 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:59:38 pm by gene
I do think telephone sales calling is a tough job unless you are void of any emotional feelings.

But then, it wouldn't be any fun either because you are void of any emotional feelings. 

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

bobbin

I hate calls like that.  I find it very frustrating to get off call lists.  But I take my best shot. 

sofadoc

The one that I'm getting the most right now (at least twice a day), is the automated message about my Google listing. I've tried the option at the end of the message to press 9 to be removed from the call list, but it does no good.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mojo

Anyone remember my headaches with constant telemarketing calls ? 3 and 4 per day ? I found out they were getting my number off a master listing which is passed, sold and given to other telemarketers.

I cured them. I get maybe one a month now. How did I do it ? I answer my phone with my first name only " Hi this is Chris ". If it is a telemarketer calling about selling me some business service I ask them why they are calling me. I am not a business and this is a private number which also happens to be on a federal Do Not Call List. I explained that the number belonged to a defunct business which closed their doors and I got reassigned the number when I got a cell phone. ( This is actually the truth ).

About two months ago I had a friendly telemarketer lady call me and I spewed this line to her. She must have loved my deep sexy voice ( cough cough ) as she said " Wow, your listed as a business on our records. Let me make a notation that this is a private number on the records then ". She went on and explained how these lists get sold and passed around. BINGO....... I got one more phone call after that and then there were none. No more phone calls. :)

Just for the record, I listed my number on the federal do not call list but it does not pertain to businesses, only private numbers. But I told telemarketers that it is now a private cell phone. I also believe the telemarketer calls are becoming less in Florida because a couple big law firms are now advertising on TV and the radio " Getting phone calls from telemarketers ? We can collect money for you if they call you ". I believe the penalty is $ 1,500 per call.

I am assuming they are having paralegals in their office going after telemarketers who call after being told not to. A new revenue stream for lawyers. :)

Chris

bobbin

Jeez, I thought Sharon from Google was calling me directly...

I haven't heard from Sharon in about 3 wks. me.  Mercifully!