Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 01:04:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What I saw in the Marina today....

Started by Grebo, January 27, 2012, 06:13:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

January 27, 2012, 06:13:06 am Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:03:47 am by Grebo

That takes some 'dedication' what you can't see is on the pontoon is a pile of gear laid out for drying complete with a stack of charts.
I have no idea where to or from they are sailing, but it's all decked out for distance, solar panels, gps etc.
BTW there are two people sailing it  :o

Suzi

Mike

not for me, you guys have palm trees hey

RocketmanMH1

January 27, 2012, 12:09:46 pm #2 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:14:38 pm by RocketmanMH1
How much do you guys pay for gasoline over there? At A Marina I mean.

bobbin

Looks like a pretty cozy arrangement, to me. 

fragged8

that boat looks like a stitch and glue plywood canoe ???

not for me  :o

CreativeCanvas

Yikes! Nah, not for me. Remember my Dad going through a brief sailing phase when I was growing up. Thankfully he got better ...

JuneC

When my dad was a harbor-master and I was a teen, we saw all manner of vessel come through on all sorts of journeys.  Remember "The Dove" (Robin Lee Graham's round-the-world solo trip)? He came in one day near the end of his journey when I was a young child.  Odd fellow.  He was very withdrawn by that time.  I guess talking to dolphins, sea gulls and yourself takes a toll.  I also remember a couple "doing the Caribbean" on a 14' Hobie Cat - they had a tent pitched on the trampoline - must have been at least 5 x 6 feet.  They were writing a book.  So many adventurers out there.  I envy them sometimes. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

CreativeCanvas

Dating myself but Tinkerbelle is a great story too. No not the Disney fairy. The 13ft sailboat that crossed the Atlantic back in '65. I 'member we had a cat named after her ...

Darren Henry

I wouldn't cross the big traverse (south end of Lake of the Woods--- wide open,no islands,and shallow---nasty waves by comparison to the rest of the lake) in that much boat.

Four beer in him maybe Peppy'd tackle the Great lakes in it. 8)
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Grebo

I still have the book June  :-[  'The Dove'

Diesel is currently €1.42 per litre, don't know the rate for marine as it's only available for commercial boats.
Sorry you meant Petrol ? don't know off hand will have a look next time.

Suzi

Mike

that odd only commercial diesels  your out of luck june, cant go to Spain

bobbin

I read "Dove" when I was freshman in HS.  I liked it and thought his 'rents must've been pretty cool.  It was a class called "Escape Literature", and it was a welcome diversion for a bright kid relocated to a mediocre school system in the middle of nowhere.  I quickly learned to immerse myself in books for "escape" and the travel and adventure that wasn't available to me at that time... James Michener was a favorite. 

kodydog

I've read several Michener books. My favorite is Chesapeake. The thing with old James is half way through you ask, will this book ever end. Then toward the end you say, I wish this book would never end.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Grebo

Quote from: Mike on January 30, 2012, 09:51:33 am
that odd only commercial diesels  your out of luck june, cant go to Spain

Did I say that right  ::)
Diesel is available to boats but it's the same price & grade as the car pumps, unless you are registered as commercial then you get 'red' or agricultural grade, which is usually cheap as chips.

Suzi

Mike

couldn't see any large yachts going over if they couldn't fuel up