Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 04:52:46 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

One for Dennis

Started by baileyuph, November 12, 2013, 05:38:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Dennis,
Those clips I got from you, I sure do like them, but I need to ask again where can they be purchased?

The clips I am referencing are used to hold lateral stay wires across zig- zag springs.

I think you said you used them to hold steel stays?  Now, that would build a strong spring base!

Anyway, if you think of it, I would like to buy a box of those clips.

I install with a C.S. Osborne tool, I would imagine there is something designed specifically for that clip?

Doyle

sofadoc

November 12, 2013, 05:55:42 pm #1 Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:04:54 pm by sofadoc
These are the clips:

While the Osborne BW pliers work pretty well, technically there is no hand tool made specifically for the clips. They are designed to be crimped by a pneumatic clincher like this one:

You can purchase the clips here:
http://www.staplersandstaples.com/shopping/search.aspx?keyword=hr+24+clips

If you don't want to buy that many right now, I'll be happy to send you a smaller quantity.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

sofadoc

Steve A: The Hartco clip is much smaller:

You can get between the bends of no-sag springs to crimp stakewire.

The tool and clips that you pictured is made only for crimping coil springs to front edgewire. The jaw of the pliers is too big, and the clips are too big to produce a tight crimp.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

Sofa
I thought maybe I had a gem that no one else owned  :'( -  thanks for the advice and your knowledge -
The site always gives great info  -

Kindly
SA