Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:20:54 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hurricane

Started by brmax, October 07, 2016, 03:52:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Hey I am hoping all our Florida members are doing ok
I am seeing some tough weather on the tv, so keep your groups safe.
God bless

Floyd

MinUph

Some on the east coast got hit pretty bad and still are. Us on the West Coast have been spared.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

SW Florida here I just couldn't pattern yesterday afternoon and this morning still a little breezy but its all good

Mojo

No worries here except with shipments. Miami closed their Jacksonville warehouse till next week.
We had some fabric and thread due in but it is getting delayed a few days.

Other then that it has been no problem and business as usual.

Chris

RiCat

Chris, yes, I was delayed on a shipment out of Orlando from a jobber. And, I had a hard time patterning Friday. It was quite windy with 20-25 with gust. Hard to deal with a large chunk of Sunbrella in that.

Rick

kodydog

We were going to order 160 yards out of SC for a church pew job but thought we better wait until next week. Pretty brezzy yesterday and our biggest concern was power outage. Fortunately it stayed on and we were able to work all day.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

October 09, 2016, 04:19:58 am #6 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:39:22 am by SteveA
Hopefully the following storms will not be as intense.  
My first upholstery job were 220  kneelers in our Church.  Just remove + replace vinyl w/pleated corners.  Council paid for the fabric - myself and three other parishioners supplied the labor on Saturdays.  160 yards will keep you busy ...... hands to work hearts to God :)
SA

gene

Always hope the best for folks in the way of bad weather.

Quotehands to work hearts to God

SteveA, this reminded me of an old George Carlin song. Probably early 1970's. I sang it a few times in my younger years and it never failed to not impress the ladies.

I sent my sinuses to Arizona.
I sent my liver to Peru.
I sent my lungs and my kidneys,
for the summer to Sidney.
But I'm sending my heart to you.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

He was a great ONE   -  golf courses are a waste of space  -   he left us too soon. 
His take on life, drugs, his dogs, will never be matched.  The comedian I like to listen to currently is D.L. Hughely - he touches on that philosophical explaining in his act.
I can't sing a note - the folks who sit in front of me at Mass cup their ears -  Gene... acappella may be your true calling !

SA

gene

October 10, 2016, 06:27:23 am #9 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:33:16 am by gene
QuoteGene... acappella may be your true calling

Steve, I've never been to Mexico.

If Trump builds that wall I wouldn't be able to come back.

I saw a picture of a young Appalachian white guy with torn blue jeans, dirty T shirt, a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, leaning on his rusted pick up truck. The caption read:

I AIN"T VOTING FOR TRUMP. TRUMP WANTS TO BUILD A WALL. IT WAS A WALL THAT KILT DALE EARNHARDT.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

QuoteHe was a great ONE   -  golf courses are a waste of space  -   he left us too soon.
His take on life, drugs, his dogs, will never be matched.

Winnie surprised me with tickets to see Red Green last week. His one man show " I'm not old...I'm ripe" was hilarious and alot like Carlin's shows.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

MinUph

I've seen red green on Tv he is funny.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

Quote from: RiCat on October 08, 2016, 02:19:36 pm
It was quite windy with 20-25 with gust. Hard to deal with a large chunk of Sunbrella in that.

Rick

try  plastic

Mike

Quote from: Darren Henry on October 10, 2016, 07:32:33 am
QuoteHe was a great ONE   -  golf courses are a waste of space  -   he left us too soon.
His take on life, drugs, his dogs, will never be matched.

Winnie surprised me with tickets to see Red Green last week. His one man show " I'm not old...I'm ripe" was hilarious and alot like Carlin's shows.
os red green show still on tv?  I used to watch it in new Hampshire

Darren Henry

I don't know if the show is still being re-run. I haven't had TV for years. the concert was a one man stand up routine.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!