Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:39:41 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Lift Table

Started by brmax, June 09, 2016, 04:46:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Lifting Platform
I am considering a project this summer and with the experience and articles from you all, its a much better goal to establish and move towards.

So its welcome! any tips you seen or made, also with all other ideas you may have considered in your areas.

I need a platform to use with upholstery pieces to recover in the different stages, to use with assembling items and an important role needing a decent surface for cutting with some gauged ability to withstand cuts in the surface.

Its always a premium for storage and if some can be implemented great, I am curious of heights really needed and so any usage available within.

Thank you, your experience is appreciated
Floyd

MinUph

I look forward to watching all the pics and videos of your build.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

My saw horses are 26 inches high and I have a rolling table that can easily take on a big OS chair - the height of that is 20 inches.
I have a work chair that is hydraulic that helps get me to the right working height when I'm sitting  - yes over 60 there's more sitting :)
Storage and added weight to your work table may make it difficult to move around -  I think someone here  previously looked into a lift table from Northern Tool - can't remember if they ordered it
SA

brmax

Hey thanks you all.

I recall some of my first searches on tables in general and say the lift table caught my attention.

My first searches with work tables landed me with great post and one in particular mention of lift a table with rotisserie style, reference: June as always her great work.

Others have brought these ideas to the board including Keith and Gene with others bringing needed information also.
So with some of these ideas here I can move ahead, so did and it can be noted an HF lift is here on the floor at 160# heavy and should have the same equipment to load it in a pickup (.)

This work table will take on a different look from initial purchase and so I will say my changes with the purchased table are a proto type and should be taken seriously and will myself say make your own decision if you attempt any alterations of products for projects.

All ideas are welcome and appreciated, Its Friday

Thanks
Floyd

brmax

I took a few photos and threw a piece of foam board on for general walk around look see.

The 4'x6' top is up for welcomed design discussion.
With a base structure a rough 16"x33" and its steel top at 19"x32".
Starting with the base plan to widen considerably its foot print say roughly from 19-36" and the length most likely will stay the same for its base measurement.

I really don't have a clue what they paint it with but its dry to touch but now its outside, I first thought the rubber mat on top wreaked so ousted it to out side, then not as bad but considered the wheels.
Not sure at the present but its getting air and plenty for a spell outdoors.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-nv5XKZ/

Meanwhile better opportunity for a top talk, so with that I ran it through its range of lifts a few times.
So taking a look at a couple stop points like 20" and some others as measures Steve put up and appreciated, this gives an idea for some room below for storage possibilities.

Taking a look at some of our standard work or task chair heights. These seemed to be in excellent work range with some of the various tools at the 20" height, so this looks to be a comfortable base.

When I look at or recall jobs that I and others are working on, It seems not much is worked on if by choice below 20" or around chair height.

So in this structure area between wheels and the top at 20" might be fitted with some boxing or shelving.
I will say no plans to move this through other buildings for pick up of stuff.
It can possibly be used 30' away through the doors to a pickup bed or whatever but that's it.

Welcome any ideas you all want to mention
Floyd

gene

Is that going to be a bit tippy? Or is it tipsy? Maybe some stabilizer bars attached to the bottom of the lift?

I do like the ability to adjust the height. I have an electrical hospital bed that I played with a few months ago looking at whether I could use the lifts to make a table. If it is possible, I decided it was beyond my skill level. I sold the two motors and am in the process of making one big table on top of the bed frame. The bed frame has locking wheels. I just bought a swivel chair for one penny on the auction site (brand new) and I'll be using the swivel mechanism to be able to rotate my chairs. I'll post pics when I can.

Thanks for the pics. That's a great idea you've got going.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

brmax

It seems with its length now, say the handle end and opposite not tippy yet. If on either the sides say if sitting on the top however one can its a bit tipsy, giving it the ole college try that is.
So trying to stay the forward is best at this juncture until the repurposing for new table top and a wider base foot print fabricated to stabilize it, this will do the job pretty well I think.
May consider the cantilever top so a knee and stool can better fit under, in case I want to belly up to the work. The idea of stabilizer bars or something along that line is in consideration with possible pegs with short order securement.

Good points thanks and keep up the ideas

Floyd