Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 04:25:41 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Do you veiw the site with

Started by brmax, June 05, 2016, 07:13:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brmax

Hello everyone I am a bit curious with a few questions, so I ask
How are you all viewing the site here most of the time?
Via another means or media at times?
How about this ? is it the desktop, laptop, notebook, smartphone.
Do you view the site with 2 or more type of electronic a lot

Floyd

SteveA

The desk top computer - I'm signed in automatically -

SA

MinUph

I use a desktop, tablet and my phone when i visit. Depends on where I am.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Quote from: MinUph on June 05, 2016, 08:25:07 am
I use a desktop, tablet and my phone when i visit. Depends on where I am.
Same here. I've found this particular forum to navigate pretty much the same on all 3 devices. Other sites can be less user friendly on smaller devices like a tablet or iPhone.

And it doesn't matter which one.......... The "smileys" still don't work.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

Lap top. I can take it my coffee and a smoke to where I'm allowed to smoke over my morning/end of day smoke with the gang here.

My smarter than me phone is very small. I'd need a magnifying glass to read on it, and Mike laughs at my texting skills on those little buttons. LOL
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

Laptop. My phone does not have data. My kindle can download from Amazon but does not connect to the www.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

Quote from: Darren Henry on June 05, 2016, 01:48:00 pm
Lap top. I can take it my coffee and a smoke to where I'm allowed to smoke over my morning/end of day smoke with the gang here.

My smarter than me phone is very small. I'd need a magnifying glass to read on it, and Mike laughs at my texting skills on those little buttons. LOL
me lol you all made fun of me on my I phone , I let the stroke go as a excuse for the typos darrenlol I don't get on so much latly on my phone and use my laptop in the evening either while watching tv on the couch or in bed

kodydog

Laptop, I'm not allowed to touch the desk top.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Virgs Sew n Sew

Laptop if I am upstairs and PC tower if I'm down in Sew & Sew (supposedly working - LOL).

Someone brought up smileys.  Can anyone explain why they don't work?

Thanks!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

sofadoc

Quote from: Virgs Sew n Sew on June 10, 2016, 10:59:54 am
Someone brought up smileys.  Can anyone explain why they don't work?
There's a glitch somewhere that the site administrator doesn't deem worthy of finding and fixing.

gene

June 10, 2016, 03:47:00 pm #10 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:49:15 pm by gene
Quote...the site administrator doesn't deem worthy of finding and fixing.

Wow, soFad, that's a big assumption to make about the site admin!

Maybe he/she is a mature and educated person who sees smiley faces as childish and unnecessary for those who are able to adequately express themselves with words.

Or maybe he/she just doesn't give a dam.

Or maybe he/she is just not a happy person and finds comfort in knowing that the smileys are broken.

Or maybe he/she is an excellent upholsterer and if it's something that you can't pull tacks out of he/she is left clueless.

Or maybe he/she does not exist and there is no site admin and we are chatting away in a forum matrix.

gene

Darren Henry

Easy Guys---

There was a thread about this when the problem first came up. At that time one of the administrators posted that the "fix" would involve shutting the site down and  rebuilding it at a considerable expense and we would be back to that terrible blue/white background afterwards.

That was quite a while ago---I'm sure I'm forgetting some details. Perhaps one of the administrators, or some one who remembers better than I can jump in with a " refresher" on that.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

If I sounded like I was being critical of the administrator for not fixing the smileys, I'm not.
I see no reason to go to any great expense just to restore little happy faces. Especially since the forum isn't getting anywhere near the activity that it used to.

gene

June 11, 2016, 03:52:10 am #13 Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 03:53:57 am by gene
QuoteEasy Guys---

If the smileys were working we would be able to clearly show that we are joking.

gene

stickandtin

I view it mostly on my smart phone. Where I live, there is no internet service other than dial up and my smart phone is only way to connect with outside world. Some days the phone doesn't get signal either.