Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 01:47:06 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

pluggin' along this summer

Started by Mike, July 24, 2014, 01:43:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

its been slow this summer but I installed another cover today ,  its slow so I patterned it Tuesday morning. layed out the pattern to order the minimum canvas needed and ordered it got it tuesday and sewed it wendsay  pm and installed it this moorning . customer wanted a one piece cover using the oem snaps

I have to go look at a little job out on ritzy boca grande island in the morning (crossed fingers)

JuneC

Nice looking cover, Mike!  In this heat, gotta be careful what you wish for.  I lose about 3 to 4 pounds every day to sweat (during the course of the day).  Not healthy, I'm thinking....

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

I hear that june by 11 when I was done my t shirt WAS SOAKED. I got to change shirts every day

wind_rose_2

Hey guys!
I lost touch when l could no longer find the forum..the link in my favorites would no longer work.
Good to  see you are all well and busy at it.
Dave

Mike

long time no see Dave still got the sailboat?

regalman190

Nice Mike. I hear you on the change of clothes. I keep a complete change in my truck. Have to change head to toe when I work outside.
Regal Canvas

wind_rose_2

Ya Mike l do but have not launched this year. We are doing some land trips this year. Off to Newfoundland for the month of Aug.
I kept meaning to get across to see you last season but just got over that way. You know what they say about Buying in Florida , every person you have ever met wants to visit you.
How about you? still pluggin away . Mind the heat. Any new boats? Last l heard you had a sport fisherman and unloaded the cruiser.

Darren Henry

Hey Dave ---long time no read. I thought you had sailed into the Bermuda triangle LOL. How's it going? When you get to the rock , down a Ten Penny for me.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

wind_rose_2

Will do Darren! How things up your way? We may plan an excursion out west(BC) next year and would like to visit the western portions of Ontario en route.

Mike

July 29, 2014, 06:04:05 am #9 Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:45:41 am by Mike
Yes dave. I  bought  a house on a canal with a bridge to get under so the cruiser had to go shortly after i moved i had a stroke also   On the visit i had a old criend rent a place in northernt florida  this winter   He say ive got to  come see you but its. Long long drive.

Joe ya if i do any sork outside i need to change  my shirt.
Oh btw looks like i doo have one move move in me next month  leep you posted.  

Darren Henry

[quoteWill do Darren! How things up your way?][/quote]

A lot of changes since you were on last. I still have the house in Kenora and dreams of someday getting back there but I took a job in Brandon Man. to be closer to my ailing parents just over 4 years ago. Mom died the week before I was to start, then Dad's health started to fail. He died last November, but the economy in Kenora is still weak and the money here is good. My boss is such an A-hole and the work so mind numbing that he has to over pay to keep anyone.

Either way I'll be somewhere along the Transcanada next summer and your more than welcome.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Sorry to hear your dad is gone Darren. Do you have other family?
Me i o lyhave my brother left and distant son

wind_rose_2

Ya time sure flies, it has been 4 years in Sept, since my Mom Passed. Looks like we are the old farts now!
Anyhow good to hear from everyone again!
Stay well

Darren Henry

[quoteDo you have other family?][/quote]

One sister and her son/daughter and their familes, all within an hour and half of here. My sister and I are close.