Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:24:18 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Looking for a sewing machine

Started by MinUph, May 23, 2015, 07:31:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scott_san_diego

About 8 years ago I bought a used machine from Zamir.  Was very please with it.  Then last year I bought (2) Juki 1508.  I ended up buying the machines from Alberoni Sewing Machines.  I had him put the needle postioner servo motors on them.  I would think you should be able to find someone close to you that should be able to give you a good price.

sofadoc

Hey Paul.
I talked to my guy at Sunny Sewing Machines in Dallas about that Premiere model. He's got some on order, but hasn't received any yet. So he hasn't had a chance to test drive one.

He said that while the traditional Consew 206 is made in China now, it's still made to the same specs as before when it was made in Japan.

But the new Premiere model is ALL Chinese. Chinese design and specs. They just market it in America under the Consew name.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I'm not saying that I wouldn't consider buying that model. I just don't think that I would be influenced by the Consew label on it.

It is tempting to go with a new Chinese model instead of an older American/Japanese machine that's had the hell drove out of it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Well a little change this is what I ended up with. For $975.00 to my shop.
http://zamirsew.net/yamata-618-industrial-sewing-machine-walking-foot-big-bobbin-servo-motor-leather/

I will give you all a review of the new Chinese machine after I get it and use it a bit.

In talking to Zamir today he said all the big manufactures Juki included have gone to China. And the differences between the leading brands there are not much different. I've been happy with my chinese 205rb so I'm giving this one a shot. It takes the same parts as the 206 RB does.

Next week it should be here. Thanks for all the comments and research.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Paul:

Sorry about that. I feel real bad I wasn't able to help you out. I read your post to late. The Juki 563 would have been an awesome work horse for you and Bob Kovar just went through it replacing any worn parts.

I will probably hold on to it as I really do not need to sell it but would have to help you out. We will put it to use once we build a new shop. We are still going through our first phase of expansion and once we get into the second phase it will probably come in handy then.

I owe you dinner my friend since I cost you a new machine. LOL..:) Great talking to you today.

Chris

bobbin

I know the Yamata name from multi-needle machines.  They're ubiquitous and that says a lot in garment work!  I'll wager the machine will treat you right and I'll wager you're savvy enough to keep it well oiled and maintained, Paul.

MinUph

Thanks bobbin,
  It is a self oiler. I like that as my seamstresses tend to forget to oil. I do but not as much as I should. Self oiling is helpful with another machine I have.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

chrisberry12

There is a beautiful Used Juki for sale on Craigslist, Cape Cod under tools. Just type in industrial sewing machine in the search. They are asking 1500

MinUph

Well I got the Yamata on Wednesday and put it all together. A few adjustments and it is sewing like a champ. Haven't done much with it but it does sew well.
  When and if I get more to tell I will.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website