Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:34:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

PFAFF 138 6-21-BS

Started by mebacher, July 06, 2012, 01:11:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mebacher

Hello room.  I am having a hell of a time finding information on what system of needle to use on my machine.  I have the manual for the 138, but my particular model (with the -BS) is not listed in the chart.  Subclass 6-21 is listed as using needle system 438KK - does any one know if this also applies to the -BS??

The needles seem to only come in boxes of 100's so you understand that I want to be sure before I order!

Thanks in advance.

michael_ebacher@yahoo.com

DDandJ

Michael,
What is the BS?  I have a Pfaff 138 but mine must not have the BS thing you're talking about.  I'll look at the needles I have for my Pfaff and post it on here.  I can't recall the size off the top of my head.

What are you sewing on your 138?

Jeremy

kodydog

I could be wrong but I think the BS stands for "back stitch".

I was wondering what brand name mebacher owned. I've never owned a Phaff so I can't help with needle size. But I would think the needle size would apply with BS or not.

Good luck.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

DDandJ

Hmmm.  Back stitch makes sense to me.  Wonder if mine is a BS?  It sews forward and reverse, straight stitch and zip zag. 

I looked at my needle collection last night.  Seems like I use 135X17 in my Pfaff 138.  I don't use my Pfaff for upholstery, though.  I use it for lighter weight stuff like throw pillows and window treatments.

My 138 is on vacation.   I took it to my local repairman because the thread kept jumping out of the check spring.  The repairman is semi-retired and works at his own pace.  He knows I'm not in a hurry to get the machine back.  I know I'll get it back one of these days.  He's trustworthy but slow. Kinda like me :)

mebacher

Hi DDandJ.

You use a 135x17 needle?   that would be great, as they are much more readily available than the 438 system....   Mine also does straight stitch and zz, and can be set up for double-needle sewing.  I plan to use the 138 for lighter stuff, as I have a 145 for the heavy work!

PFAFF rocks!

DDandJ

Yes, I double checked and I use 135x17 needles also.  You're right, the Pfaff rocks.  I also double checked and mine says BS as well.  Learn something new everyday :)