Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:49:49 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Just stumbled across something called "Chalk Ink", watch video.

Started by hdflame, September 10, 2010, 07:56:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hdflame

I just happened to run across some markers and wondered if they might be useful in our line of work.  They're pretty neat, and there's video on this link that shows them being used.

I haven't found anything about using them on material, but I would think they would work on vinyl or clear vinyl like the marine/auto people use for windows.

http://www.chalkink.com/ChalkInk.com/Homepage.html

Tell me what you think.

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

ahkahn

You know, Bobby, I've been eying those for a little while now.  I've got my purchasing manager getting a set of those to test with.  I think they look interesting for our line of work.  I'll let you know what we find.  If you try them, let me know your opinion too!

-Andrew

bobbin

They specifically say they are for "non-porous" surfaces.  I'd test it on a scrap before going whole hog with them!

hdflame

Quote from: bobbin on September 11, 2010, 09:03:25 am
They specifically say they are for "non-porous" surfaces.  I'd test it on a scrap before going whole hog with them!

Didn't catch the non-porous when I looked at the site, but thought they would probably be better for vinyl.  I've been using those Fisher SR80SL / Silver Rocket Pen with Silver Ink.  I like them, but they don't seem to last long.  They're also hard to find locally.  I've been buying them on eBay, so I wonder if they may be old and that's why they're not lasting.  According to the description, they're supposed to last several years because they're pressure sealed.

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Mike8560

I cant seem to get any good white pencils anymore. now the white core breaks off all the time and isnt vcentered well so when in a sharpener     the lead s offset and i get wood on my point. actually pencil sharpener dont worl well either with the lead breaking bofore i get a point >:( >:( :'(

Miami Mike

Mike  next time you buy some thing, ask for a fabric pencil .  (FREE)

They look cool, but you will not be able to use on Fabrics.  Vinyls maybe, but you will need to wipe hard, to get it out of the grain.

I just went to buy a 1mm white, 4.99> the shipping came up at 12.99.....  :o  that is to crazy  >:(
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

fragged8

hey Mike it says free shipping for first time customers on the front page ??

Miami Mike

That's if you buy the big pack. It did not show shipping until I added CC and Updated my zip code.. Then the 12 bucks came up.....

Well I did not finish the check out.....

Someone else want to try.... ;D
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

fragged8

Ahh i see, drop them an email and tell they they are cheeky bastards  ;D ;D ;D

And that we are all talking about their mental postal charges.. ;D

Rich