Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 10:38:00 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Vinyl jobs

Started by sofadoc, August 27, 2015, 03:06:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Quote from: Rich on November 17, 2015, 04:05:54 am
Here's my experience; Each job different=low efficiency=low profit. Boring and repetitive=high efficiency=higher profit.
Totally agree. If some of you guys don't want your "trained monkey" work, send it to me. I'll take those boring, repetitive big paychecks.

I'm at the point in my life now where I no longer covet those "new and exciting challenges" on every job that comes through the door.

I've done more repetitive work in 2015 so far, than in any year of my career. And I'm on course to have my highest grossing, and most profitable year ever. Even though I don't put in nearly as many hours as I did 20-30 years ago.

The commercial vinyl jobs have slowed down lately, probably won't pick back up until after the holidays. I'm back to doing all those stupid little chairs that absolutely, positively must be done in time for family get-togethers or it will surely spell the end of western civilization.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

Spent a day at Henry Ford Museum last month.   Epitome of that in his early concepts of assembly line, time and motion studies, etc.   Seeing some of the footage of his assembly line though, arg, shoulder-to-shoulder work at breakneck pace.   
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison