Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 12:30:06 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Thread issues on Singer 111w101

Started by slow96z, April 09, 2014, 09:44:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneC

I'd check the entire thread path for grooves.  I've had to change my top thread guide (the small rod on top of the machine with the 2 holes in it) because it had sharp grooves, my tension post (right between the discs where the thread had just about cut the post in two) and also on one machine, the lever that held in the bobbin had worn a depression in the bobbin case.  This caused the lever to stick up too high where it was hinged, (think head down, ass up) and as the top thread passed over the bobbin case, it would catch on the hinge and start to shred.  That one was very intermittent and difficult to figure out.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

ishkish

I have a Consew 105 that was doing the same thing. I had the stitch length too long for the material
I was trying to sew. I was sewing vinyl and trying to do it at 4-5tpi. Machine liked 8-10 tpi.
Hope this helps'
Jerry in NJ

forsailbyowner

My adler was driving me nuts like that and a new hook fixed it.

slow96z

I know this is an old topic, but it is mine and I wanted to update it in case somebody finds it searching for their own problem. 

My machine had a couple of problems that were causing this issue, but the main one was the spring after the tensioner was adjusted so high it wasn't holding resistance against the thread at all.  Also, the walking foot was somehow a little off center and that was causing the material to push back ever so slightly towards me every time it came down and contacted the material.  The repairman that found these things also adjusted the presser foot tension and now my machine runs "Like a Singer" -please excuse the expression...

I hope that helps somebody having the same issue.