Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 11:39:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Swim Platform Cover

Started by jojo, March 20, 2013, 10:39:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Customer wants a cover for a swim platform/deck at the back of a Malibu Skier. I've never done one, believe it or not.
So, would you just make a cover with bungee in the hem? Would that be enough to hold it on during travel, or would you put a few snaps on the underside?
Thanks for any input.

Mike

So he doesent want it incorporated in eith a mooring cover all together? 
Or a seperate piece?   Well i would used snap as they would last long on in the water with waves splashing on them.   Id pro ly not seei t it kake is slip on over  the  platform  and most boats have tiedown rings on the transome near platform. That a strap could make it secure.

bobslost

I made one for a 435 four winns and I used bungie in the seams but for added security I but straps underneath  . However  a 43 foot boat  will not be transported down the road.

jojo

Haha..not likely, Bob. This one's just a little 20 footer, and he takes it to the lake at the beginning of summer, leaves it in a slip for the season, then takes it home again at the end of the season.
Thanks guys, for the strap idea. I will try it.

Mike

I just had to post this I sold this 32' cruiser in the spring 2010

a guy towed home to Texas FROM Florida ON HIS TRAILER WITH A diesel ford here it is loaded