Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 03:19:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Auto Leather Source?

Started by jojo, February 07, 2013, 01:58:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Hi guys,
I need just enough leather to replace a ripped seat insert in a 2005 Ford Mustang. Is there anywhere I can just get a piece of leather and not have to buy a whole hide?
Thanks!

JDUpholstery

Perfectfit.com will sell you pieces...but it costs 0.22 per square inch...depending on the size it is cheaper to just buy a half hide

baileyuph

JoJo, can you use a leather look piece of vinyl?  We have achieved good results using vinyl.  Of course it depends on the seat and how close one can get to the color.

Some customers indicate they like this over that and the "this" is a piece of vinyl.

Hope this is clear.

A piece of leather meeting OEM specs and color will cost more than a general processed hide, maybe other than black.

Hope you score, try Tandy, they may have a small piece.

Doyle

jojo

Thanks Doyle, I will propose this to the customer. He's a young man with limited funds, so I'm sure it would work just fine.