Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 12:30:12 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Two Stupid Mistakes in Two Days

Started by jojo, January 24, 2013, 03:31:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

Feeling kinda down today. Yesterday I made covers for half a dozen restaurant booths (have been doing the whole restaurant about 6 at a time), and got to the last one and the cover wouldn't fit. It was about 3 inches too small. I made the really stupid mistake of assuming that the two larger size booth seats were the same size, because so far, after about thirty booths, there have only been two sizes. Anyway, of course I didn't have enough fabric to correct the mistake and had to order some. Otherwise they would've been done and the money collected. But no.

Then today, I got some fabric in that I ordered, and it was totally the wrong color. When I investigated, it was  my mistake. I ordered the correct color according to Naugahydes color names, but from the wrong line (ordered Universal when I should've ordered All American). UGH!!
I swear I'm never this careless, but I've got to eat the cost for these two jobs and it's annoying. Not to mention the buildup of stuff in the shop that's not moving out in a timely manner.

Has anyone ever been this boneheaded two days in a row??

MinUph

Oh God yes. It happens, Generally in threes.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

JDUpholstery

mine come in 3's as well...stupid mistakes compound because your mind is on the previous mistakes and makes you less attentive to the current task at hand....fortunately I have employees to blame!

kodydog

Been there done that. Oscar Wilde says, "experience is the name we give to our mistakes."
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

mike802

I find that stuff usually happens to me when I am over booked and feeling pushed to get projects out the door.  All you can do is just work your way through it.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

Mojo

Oh hell yeah...... I am the KING of screw ups. Like Mike says I cause my own misery. I work when I am tired or get in a big yank and then sh** happens.

Brush it off JoJo and let it go. Tomorrow will be better.

if it makes you feel better I started sewing some beading into an Omega awning last night........upside down. Caught it after I sewed a foot of it. Ripped the seam out and started over.

It happens to all of us. What doesnt kill us only makes us stronger. :)

Chris

jojo

Thanks guys. It helps to know that even the pros can have a couple of bad consecutive days!

timtheboatguy

I have done similar stunts, and it never fails to keep you from finishing the job and getting paid!
http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Mike

ive ordered the wrong color b4 and dumb stuff this week make a produck sewing a hard item in canvas layers I got too close and broke a needle  :-X on a machine I just had a tune up on  replaced the needle then did it  twice more  :o so I replaced the needle made sure it was sewing ok and went home  >:(