Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 02:23:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Great Idea For Smaller Compressors

Started by jojo, January 13, 2013, 02:22:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Looks good.   Let us know how it turns out.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

zanepurcell

thats a good idea. The only thing I would change is to make a fully enclosed box with a door and insulation for the compressor to keep the noise down on an oiless little model.
Zane

jojo

Zane, brilliant!!! I will do this too, thanks!

JuneC

Kool!  I put mine on one of those Harbor Freight $7 furniture dollys and that has helped a lot, but I like the reel for the hose and handle on that one. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

I did t see anything on compressors i saw mess free pAinting?

JDUpholstery

Quote from: zanepurcell on January 13, 2013, 03:03:01 pm
thats a good idea. The only thing I would change is to make a fully enclosed box with a door and insulation for the compressor to keep the noise down on an oiless little model.
Zane

problem with fully enclosing a compressor in a small box would be proper air flow...I do like the original design though, be handy for house calls

Mojo

JD brings up a good point,. The small compressors are all air cooled. I hate the noise of them but feel enclosing them may cut air flow to the point that the cylinders will overheat and cook the compressor. Compressors get extremely hot with even during short duty cycles and the number lone killer of air cooled non oiled compressors is heat.

Still I love the cart idea and will be building one also just as soon as I get the time ( story of my frigging life ). I just bought a new automated 50 ft air hose reel for my woodshop. I am replacing a 25 ft automated hose reel which wasn't long enough. This reel will be perfect for this cart.

MY OCD goes into over drive over anything that needs to be coiled and if it has to be hand coiled and doesnt coil perfectly I go nucking futs. So I use automated hose reels and also bought an automated electric extension cord reel as well. ( yes I know I need  ). :)

Thanks for posting this. What an awesome idea.  ;D

Chris.