Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 05:18:47 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

velcro a cushion to the wall

Started by gene, October 30, 2018, 06:45:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

October 30, 2018, 06:45:14 am Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 06:46:37 am by gene
I'm making cushions for a 5 sided kitchen banquet. The seat cushion is no problem. I made a paper template as my guide. It's a one piece boxed cushion.

The back cushion is one cushion also. It is shaped to fit the 5 back sides of the banquet. SteveA mentioned using velcro to attach the back cushion to the wall. If I make a boxed cushion that is shaped to the 5 back panels, what is the best way to apply the velcro?

Can I use sticky back velcro on the vinyl boxed cushion and wood frame?
Is it best to add some staples to the velcro on the wood frame?
Is it best to sew the velcro onto the boxed cushion?
Is 2" wide velcro OK?
Run pieces of velcro across the top of the 5 panels and down the two ends?

I've not done this before so I appreciate your thoughts and past experiences.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

I would use the 2" sew it 2" down from the top edge of the backs and 2" in from the sides so it won't show. Self stick on the walls with a few staples to last. The self stick is pretty strong if its good velcro but kids can be kids.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

Thank you for the reply, Paul. I'll give it a try and let you know how things go.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

Gene:

I have used a lot of velcro in the past and Paul has the right idea. I used commercial grade 2 inch velcro and had great luck with it.
I would sew the velcro onto the cushion and then use the glue backed hook with staples on the wood. The only time the glue back doesn't work well is on outdoor applications in Florida. June and I both had problems with the glue melting in the summer time heat.

Mojo