Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 03:44:06 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

ATRN on Custom upholstery

Started by stitcher_guy, September 15, 2007, 06:32:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

seamsperfect

Quote from: skipstitch on April 08, 2011, 09:37:27 pm
Man, if you only charge $10k and have been working on it since 2007... and you have 5 months left to finish... you didn't charge enough!!!!   

What's with all the old posts????  :D :D :D :D

You realize that this post was from 07.  In that post the point he was trying to make is I will take on your project but because of my current work load do not expect me to have your interior done in 2 weeks.  A major project like this might take 4 months.  Russ stays booked for months in Advance so for someone to come in and say here is my interior can you get it done quickly, he is not going to drop his current work load and get on this on straight away.  Just like me get in my pipeline and when your time is up I will start your project.
Kevin

skipstitch

Yeah... I got that.. My last line says "what's with all the old posts"...Hence the smiley faces...LOL!

seamsperfect

Quote from: skipstitch on April 10, 2011, 11:08:26 am
Yeah... I got that.. My last line says "what's with all the old posts"...Hence the smiley faces...LOL!

OK just checking.......... ;)
Kevin

ahkahn

Besides, ATRN is dead now.

-Andrew

stitcher_guy

Oh Good Lord... I've been on here THAT LONG? lololol. I remember that thread. And the funny thing, it hasn't changed.

I got a call this morning from a guy. He has the back seat from a 65 Impala (just the frame, the stuffing and cover is rotted and gone .... so you know the frame will need weld repair more than likely), and he has two buckets from a newer blazer. They are black. He wants it all in white, and all (I would HOPE) to look the same and fit the project. Now, this was a phone call, cold call and I haven't seen a THING. He wanted to know how much. But, more importantly, he wants to know the time frame.... because they have been sitting at another upholstery shop for THREE MONTHS and they haven't started on them. "And it's show season right now. I need to get them done." LOLOLOLOL. Oh lord. I did refrain from calling him a moron, but I was smiling when I told him "well, you've lost this show season. There's no way I could even have them in the shop til July or August..." as he was stammering about that I let the other shoe drop ... "And you're looking at $1,800 to $2,000 for the set." I didn't even wait for him to start in about they need done, it shouldn't take long, blah blah blah, I just said "yep. Thanks for calling."