Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:04:01 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Au Ve Co (a glass and interior supplier for auto?)

Started by baileyuph, January 21, 2012, 06:39:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Are these people still in business or better yet do they still provide the
auto OEM seat upholstery buttons.  We have a project in that requires these type buttons and I check my old supply to learn, yes in stock, but wrong color.

Several questions here:

Still in business?

Still provide the OEM buttons?

Is there a direct contact phone number or do their products come from disbributors.  If so, then does that make them (the subject company)the manufacturer?

This could turn out to be another one of those companies who had to get their parts off shore to compete and regarding my specific needs, they  are no longer made due to low volume in the market place. 

In either case, does anyone know of an older shop (trim)  or anyone with old stock potential?

Doyle

JuneC

How could you be doing auto trim without Auveco products?  Now the buttons you want might not be available...  Who knows.

http://www.auveco.com/index.htm

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

stitcher_guy

Pretty much all suppliers carry or can get Auveco fasteners. I usually go through Miami Corp. or DLT.

baileyuph

QuoteHow could you be doing auto trim without Auveco products?

Good line June! 

You could take that one to the bank.  Formalize it with all the enhancements and present it to Auveco.  Jennifer is making a ton off that FIAT commercial.   ;) . I believe they might contract with you. :)

I have a lot of their parts in stock, this button issue and the availability of the button might have dropped through the crack.  It is a lower volume part, and could have been dropped, my distributor of Auveco parts could not answer if it was or was not available.  It is in the interest to back track to where the dies and such that made the parts, are located.  It could be a good side venture to get into, if Auveco has decided to exit the market.  Hence, the question if Auveco manufactured or not, the original part.

I have tasked my distributor to find some answers.

Doyle

limey

Apparently there is a warehouse full of AuVeCo parts here in eastern Wa. do you have a number or description? I could check with them tomorrow.

baileyuph

Be glad to to get you the number off a box of buttons I have at the shop.

I will get it tomorrow and send tomorrow night.

The box of buttons I have are black.

I want the same button but in white.

Thanks and as stated, the number off the black box I will get tomorrow.

I will keep my fingers crossed that they will have at least one box of white buttons, perhaps old stock.

Thanks Limey,

Doyle

TimsTrim

Yep, don't know how a trim shop would run without Auveco (Auto Vehicle Company).You can browse their catalog online and order thru Miami. They won't have everything but will get it for you. Auveco is across the river from Miami.

baileyuph

QuoteYep, don't know how a trim shop would run without Auveco (Auto Vehicle Company).You can browse their catalog online and order thru Miami.

I met with Auveco yesterday, their representative, they no longer market that part nor know of any new old stock.

QuoteThey won't have everything but will get it for you

The representative reports that if it isn't in their catalog, they will not be able to get it.

QuoteAuveco is across the river from Miami.

That is probably a distribution center, they  also have others, for example Limey, stated above, there is one in East Washington, and the representative here in the Midwest referenced another in Tennessee.

Through inquirey, I have learned that Auveco did not make the part that I am seeking, instead it was contracted from a manufacturer of a sort.  ( Auveco is not a manufacturer, I learned).  This is making the search more difficult because finding the dies and hardware that the parts were initially manufactured by is something the representative, nor Auveco can or will divulge.

Recreating the wheel for a relatively small volume as this would be cost prohibitive.  

Any leads or ideas of searching who owned the original dies would be appreciated.

Doyle

ahkahn

Thanks for the plug, Stitcher! 

Yes, we carry a few hundred of the most popular Auveco's in all 4 of our branches, and carry about 4000 different ones in Chicago.

We can special order any of their 100,000+ items with a 3-5 day lead time.

-Andrew

stitcher_guy

Hey Andrew. Jack hasn't called me in awhile. Down to one and a half pails of glue.