Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 05:42:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Great State Race

Started by byhammerandhand, November 30, 2015, 05:30:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Cranes don't stay long around here. They pass through though on their way north. They are as tasty as they are beautiful. I may have to try Keith's planked carp recipe on one. LOL
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Darren Henry on December 13, 2015, 06:43:00 am
Cranes don't stay long around here. They pass through though on their way north. They are as tasty as they are beautiful. I may have to try Keith's planked carp recipe on one. LOL

LOL.  The Sandhill Cranes and their migration patterns have a HUGE impact on our local economy.  There are scads of tourists that come each year just to take pictures of those ugly little dudes.  It is illegal to harm them in any way here, like go to jail and pay huge fines illegal.

Virginia

Virgs Sew n Sew

Keith:

Did Ava get my Nebraska card and how did her class stack up against the others?

Virginia

byhammerandhand

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus she got your post card as well as others from the forum.

She is down to just needing a few more to get to 50 in her group.   Her teacher was impressed as she had many more than anyone else.

Thanks to all that helped!
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Virgs Sew n Sew

What States is Ava missing?  It's possible that we may be able to twist the arm of a friend/relative for those missing.

Like, I have a friend who lives in Wyoming and I'll ask him to send a postcard to Ava if that's one of the missing States.  His mother was our next door neighbor when we bought our house 10 years ago.  She was moved to a nursing home 2 years ago and died Tuesday so we just talked to him.

Virginia

Darren Henry

I've been itching to know too if Canada Post's dog team (sarcasm) got mine down to her yet. I was surprised that the ones Winnie sent from Arizona got there that quickly.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

byhammerandhand

January 03, 2016, 06:00:51 pm #36 Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:01:54 pm by byhammerandhand
yes, and yes

Quote from: Darren Henry on January 03, 2016, 12:22:04 pm
I've been itching to know too if Canada Post's dog team (sarcasm) got mine down to her yet. I was surprised that the ones Winnie sent from Arizona got there that quickly.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

January 03, 2016, 07:04:02 pm #37 Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:05:24 pm by gene
Did mine from Ohio make it to your granddaughter yet? Just wondering.

My dog had his 12th birthday on Dec. 24.

The best of all well being to everyone and our pets for the new year.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

January 04, 2016, 06:17:18 am #38 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:51:19 pm by byhammerandhand
Yes, Gene.

Still need:

• Iowa

• Mississippi

• South Carolina

• Wyoming

Keith

Virgs Sew n Sew

I have a brother who lives in Iowa so will try and sweet talk him into sending a post card.

Will also check with Bryon in Wyoming about a post card.

Don't know anyone in Mississippi.

Bob has a cousin in SC but we don't really know her that well so won't try that one.

Hopefully someone else on the board can take care of Mississippi and S. C.

Would be great if Ava could get all 50 States plus Canada.

Virginia

byhammerandhand

January 04, 2016, 08:45:20 am #40 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 08:47:30 am by byhammerandhand
Thanks, Virginia!

Here's a picture of Ava with one of her new Christmas presents

And with the other grandchildren (she's the dark haired one in the bunch)

Keith

Darren Henry

Great looking family Keith. It looks like Christmas was grand for you. As we say up here--Right On.

QuoteHere's a picture of Ava with one of her new Christmas presents

Oh man-- you so are lucky that Jeff Foxworthy doesn't visit this site. I know you're on the Mason side of the line, but could you just imagine the "child labour law" jokes he would spin if this was in Dixie? ESPECIALLY when you did it to the only dark haired girl on the couch !! [applause].

You know I'm only joking Bud. If it had been bar clamps and gorilla glue, on the other hand?--- :D

On a serious note: have you suggested they contact the state tourism office(s) in the missing state? Or same office in the state capital etc...E-mails are cheap.

byhammerandhand

Ava's class needs Mississippi, Montana, and Wyoming to win this thing! Anyone know anyone (that knows anyone) in those states?? Ava has submitted 36 postcards so far. Thanks for all the help.
Keith

gene

I've asked 5 people, family and friends, it they new someone living in Miss., Mont., or Wymoming, and they all said "yes".

I then asked if they would contact that person and ask them to mail a postcard. They all then explained, in different ways, what amounted to the fact that they really don't know someone living in those states.

Interesting!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!