Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:50:43 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

time involved in dinghy chaps

Started by forsailbyowner, February 01, 2017, 03:31:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forsailbyowner

I've been using the tsm manual from the marine fabricators association for bids. My current clients are asking for dinghy chaps. Anybody have a standard time they user for these. The dinghy is a
10' rib.

brmax

I use the manuals also and try to come up with my best time frame, im not familiar with seeing or looking for this specific in there, but know it is or was.
What i can help with is a video at sailrite and in its listing there are time designators for the video i suppose, i surely cannot be certain how this was timed out, and if they did a couple coffees with a customer and also any relatives ph call. Its possible to take a look and jot down your ideas on the times, seems i have my own quick points and my, best get moving times so any plan really helps me.

good luck
Floyd

http://www.sailrite.com/How-to-Make-Dinghy-Chaps-Video

forsailbyowner

Thanks Floyd
This is just a small piece of a big job. The prospective client got sticker shock when a shop quoted 11hrs at $110
Hr. Don't want to overcharge or shoot myself in the foot. Seems kind of excessive at first glance

brmax

I haven't done that project, but i would do as with any look at the value of the item im covering first.

No need to take from the other part of the project and use this as its no give away, to me just the opposite.

have a good day there
Floyd

Eric