Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:32:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Few of my learning experiences

Started by JDUpholstery, August 09, 2012, 08:44:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JDUpholstery

Here are a few pictures of the jobs I have done, and had the foresight to photograph!

each photo leads to separate albums of the whole job..I try and sort each of the big ones into their own albums

My latest job, first time leaving the comfort zone of vinyl and staples for the scary world of fabric and hog rings. This is an RV scissor bench

My first attempt at making a custom mattress for an RV with an odd shape so customer could not just buy a mattress. Used 4" foam and covered it with ticking...Zipper did not come out as well as I would like, that thin cloth just doesn't feed like vinyl

fun banners I made for our cub scout parade float, not upholstery, but it was sewn and fabric painted by me

my first paying job, definitely learned a lot on this one, and while it did not turn out professional, it did make my friend happy enough to pay me at least!

my first canvas job, individual seat covers on a pontoon

there have been many more, but it seems like now that I actually have an expectation of timely delivery I forget about the camera more, any comments welcome, I am my worse critic so you can't offend me!

Mike

I'd I alway try to photo each job I ised to make. Book so peoplem. Ould look and say I'd like that.  Or for. Rossi g at a boat show booth display. Now I get Llt of customer out of town when the job is done and I'll email a pic to then in the summer

JDUpholstery

Got bored today, and looked at this little shop stool I had laying around...I am always looking for opportunities to try something new so I had a little fun giving it some character with pleats

if nothing else I learned that getting pleats that close together toward the end is not easy