Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 04:33:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Playing "Tetris" with sofas

Started by sofadoc, November 14, 2012, 02:16:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Just sent out a load of repairs today from the national rental chain that has the name that starts with 2 "A"s.
Here's how their truck looked after they had it halfway loaded:

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy33/sofadoc/DSC00404.jpg
Notice the unused blankets?

In addition to repairing broken springs, frames, etc., they pay me to try and fix all the little scuffs and scrapes, and then this is how they transport them.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

west coast

byhammerandhand

I do work for several delivery and moving companies.   It's customary to ship sofas on one outside arm.   It's also customary to wrap them.  These guys just seem to be somewhere between trained and GAS.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

I also do repairs for a local furniture store. And have become friends with the owner. His biggest complaints are the manufactures are using less packing material. Also they used to deliver using their own trucks and do a good job of packing them. Now they use shipping companies who have no respect for the furniture. Unsecured furniture like Sofas picture and furniture that is often toppled over upon delivery or packages stacked on top of upholstered pieces. It drives him nuts.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

I picked up 3 sofa seat cushions today to make new foam inserts. I took 3 brand new clear plastic bags to put the seat cushions into so they would stay 'clean'.

Wow. What a contrast with your pic, sofa d.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

BTW After I took that picture, they loaded 5 more sofas on the truck.

I don't know why I even bothered to re-staple the dust covers on the bottoms. By the time they load and unload them, the dust covers will be tore all to hell again.

I started to ask if I could have the blankets, since they obviously don't need them.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban