Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 12:12:30 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Air Conditioning

Started by kodydog, June 30, 2016, 07:40:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

One of the walls of my building extends about 4 feet above my roof. That 4 foot extension has always leaned a little bit. Earlier this year, I was looking at a Google Street View pic from 2013, and noticed that the lean wasn't nearly as bad as it is now. I went up on the roof, and discovered that the extension was VERY loose. Had I not caught it in time, a section of brick wall 4' X 80' would've collapsed on to my brand new roof.

Score one for the intrusive Google Maps.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Bob T

Here in Corpus Christi, I use an air conditioner about 7 months out of the year.  I didn't have one in my garage/workshop for a long time, but I had lots of big fans.  Finally had enough of the fans and bought a good used Goldstar 11,000 BTU window unit in a Pawn shop for $150.  I added an insulation package to my garage door and weatherstripping around the garage door.  I didn't have windows in my garage, so had to cut a hole in the wall to mount the A/C unit.  Luckily, there was a 110v outlet nearby I could plug to.  I had to place a bucket under the outside of the A/C unit to catch the condensate.  The whole system has been working great for about 5 years now.  I am very glad I made the decision to install the A/C unit.  I have a 2 car garage and the unit can easily get the temps down to low 70's.

Now, should we have a storm (hurricane) knock out the power, I can use a Honda EU2000i to run the A/C until the power comes back on and we can bunk in the garage in comfort.