Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:27:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Formula Cover

Started by Mike, August 17, 2012, 04:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

August 17, 2012, 04:06:32 pm Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 04:10:08 pm by MikeM8560
Just installed today a 40' formula  o koit cover snaped to the top of the so Dow owner did t want to climb on the. Oat to snap it on and wasnt a basketball player. 3 passes 46" black cherry sunbrella 3 1-2" webbing for snap reinforcement. Hemmed edge no binding gep Ross so k around hard top front supports. 3 suppor pole and four custom made canvas. Vents.  With a canvas sunshade snaped inside the window for  sun protection.
O

JuneC

Sweet!  I was thinking that for those boats where reaching over the windshield is too much of a reach for most normal sized people, the best construction might be to snap to the top of the windshield as you've done, but add a "skirt" to cover the glass that's either attached (would require the snaps to be installed before sewing on the glass cover part) or velcro'd to the cover, and to weight the hem of the windshield cover with lead shot or something so normal height people can put on the cover easily.  It doesn't have to be tight on the part that hangs down - just needs to stay in place.  Nice looking cover.  I also prefer those canvas vents to the vent-so-port for looks.  They're a pain to sew in, though.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

Thanks June the vents do look better and are not bulky when folding up the cover with a big chunk of plastic vent.   This was a redo and had snaps inside for the window cover.  The last one was. Ads. Y the guys friend and not well designed. I made it more proper bustill there were sindow supports at the front that had to be fit around with slits that velcroed and I snapped shut if the vcro
Fails down the line the cover was two pieces inside left and right snaped on top and hung down along the side but I remebered a weight idea you mention before on this sunject to two sand bags hold the corners of the window in well I. The front there are supprts that hold it in.
Now I've got to make him a sun screen for his S ing on his fancy (big money) rv