Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 09:40:39 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Suggestions for cover fabric

Started by JuneC, October 20, 2013, 06:58:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

Wow, that's a beautiful cover! very creative use of zippers to maximize coverage. 
Fits great, too. 

I thought of this thread the other day.  I installed a large cover for a very fancy "outdoor kitchen";  L shaped granite countertops, small sink, expensive built in grill, under counter refrig. on a handsome bluestone patio.  I used Top Notch Elite from Bainbridge. 

The big issue for me was "breathability"... whenever a grill is involved you need to avoid condensation build up under the cover.  I've never used this fabric before so it will be a bit of a gamble, but I respect the guys at Bainbridge and the fabric worked up nicely.  Ravelled a lot with shears, but I generally cut with a hot knife so that wasn't an issue for me.   

scarab29

Take a look at the mustang. Poly coated like top gun but very light. Manart had a awesome deal on seconds lately too. Can't beat the price if you don't mind seconds.
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.