Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 05:40:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

stitch length changes

Started by jeepdoc, August 17, 2010, 08:36:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepdoc

I have a singer 111w153 machine If i sew 2 layers stitch length at spec if I use my welt foot while sewing welt noticed  length is cut in half----normal? I tried messing with upper foot pressure nothing made it better or worse. If i try top stitching through 3 layers of vinyl lenght falls short of what it should be any ideas?

bobbin

Perhaps your machine's feed dogs are too low.  Sometimes they loosen with time and all you have to do is tighten the screws that hold them in place. 

jeepdoc

thanks bobbin ive been messing with it I did adjust the feed dogs and also found that the presser foot height adjustment slipped some seems better now

baileyuph

Quotewelt noticed  length is cut in half----normal?

I had similar experience and it too turned out to be walking foot adjustment.

It turned out to be a good learning experience, now I can do the adjustment.  Checking the feed dog height would be part of the adjustment also.

Doyle

jeepdoc

Yeah never thought about checking the feed dog screws they were so loose suprised it didnt fall apart