Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 01:16:57 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Difficult customers

Started by byhammerandhand, July 17, 2014, 07:47:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I cant finds a good sub here not like boston

and theres no take out window restraint, I used to like to go to Revere beach and get a clam boat and eat on the seawall here everybody eat inside after they come here for the weather ?

SteveA

technically you're right  if your collecting sales tax but contrast the blue collar families producing goods and foods the way their grandparents taught them in neighborhoods like Pelham bay, morris park, Belmont ave, throgs neck vs the mass produced goods for the NYC tourist trade and there's the difference
SA

Mojo

We live 2 miles from Sam's, Walmart and a host of other stores yet we are buried in woods on a private 3 acre parcel on a dead end road with only one neighbor next to us. We love it here. I keep the yard mowed and everything trimmed ( about 1/2 acre or so ). The rest I let go wild which is mainly Pine and Oak woods.

The " yard " is fenced in for the dogs and most of our property has a secondary fence as well. Mainly a wire cattle fence. Living where we live we are careful of the vegetation and lawn near our home. Lotsa poisonous snakes and my oncologist even told me to wear snake chaps in the woods because if I ever got bit I will be on a fast road to hell as it will be difficult to treat me because of my disease. I did what he said and was out in the woods with my snake chaps on and nearly stepped on a coral snake. I yelled at the wife and she came over and I pointed at the pretty snake........she had on flip flops and shorts.....lol........:) I didn't get the husband of the year award.

The older I get the more of a recluse I become. I think years of being in the corporate world not to mention dealing with customers on a daily basis has made me that way. I go to the weekly car show, have dinner with my buddies, go to the cancer center for my labs and we go out to eat That is about all I can handle of people. I could not handle neighbors being close to me.

You know the old saying......... " the more I know about people..........the more I love my dogs...."..........:)

Chris

Mike

July 19, 2014, 07:33:57 pm #18 Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:35:12 pm by Mike
speaking of dogs chris that vedio of yours on FB is making the rounds,.
anyway whats that saying fences make good neighbors.

byhammerandhand

Well, the saga continues.    I've been sick the last couple of weeks so have seen a lot more of the goings-on. I hope I'm not just becoming the nosy old neighbor.

Two  to three days a week, there is a landscaping crew there.  Digging, leveling, filling, six hours on a bobcat re-leveling the yard for the fourth time.  He's usually out there hovering over the crew, and from time to time grabbing the foreman and walking around waving his hands this way and that, pointing to one place or another.   Oh, did I mention he's been wearing the same clothes every day for the last 10 days?

Last night, for the first time, we saw the neighbor actually pick up a tool and was digging a trench.  About dusk, he wanders over to the neighbor near whose house where his digging.  About dark, an electrician (or something) shows up and runs a jackhammer for about an hour.   Today, a different landscaping crew shows up and digs a trench  from the house to the back corner of the property, then over to the other back corner.   They lay in some drain tile then back fill.   He's out there now fussing around with a shovel and breaking up clods.

This guy has had people working on his back yard now, nearly every week, for almost a full year.   I'm surprised he had not had a pool put in because I heard a lot of people in Irvine, CA have backyard pools.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison