Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:59:29 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Welt Cord Again

Started by baileyuph, April 03, 2016, 08:54:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

How is yours installed ........ glue or staples (gimp gun)?

I use both - depends on the fabric and how much the staple will show.

Doyle

MinUph

April 03, 2016, 01:55:09 pm #1 Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:58:13 pm by MinUph
I gather welt is Double welt. We glue it on. Never figured how to staple so it doesn't show. Still have trouble with vinyl doudle welt. Cant find a glue that works well except brush ons.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

I have a narrow crown stapler - I mostly use hot glue but every 12 in. I shoot a staple that isn't seen or crimps the line

SA

MinUph

I cant seem to find a narrow crown stapler that shoots a fine enough staple. I have two but the shoot fat staples.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

baileyuph

I will, when at the business, get the information on my narrow guage gun and staples - Paul.  Maybe late tonight.

I find other uses for the gun - some auto work works better with it.

Doyle

sofadoc

Quote from: MinUph on April 03, 2016, 01:55:09 pm
We glue it on. Never figured how to staple so it doesn't show. Still have trouble with vinyl doudle welt. Cant find a glue that works well except brush ons.
I have the 2 different styles of DW feet. One style gives better separation between the 2 cords so you can hide a staple better. The other style sews the cords too tightly together, so there's no real "valley". I usually glue the long straight runs, and anchor the corners with a staple.

The FB forum routinely brings up the topic of gluing vinyl DW. Everybody seems to think they have an answer. But I haven't found any kind of glue stick, or other quick tack method.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

chrisberry12

I have a narrow crown staple gun that shots fine wire staples made by Rainco

gene

I put double welt cord on the top of the legs at the corners of a bench. I hot melt glued them on. I was concerned about how the DW bent under the bench on each side of the legs so I put a brad nail in the seam of the DW to make sure it stayed in place. I have a narrow crown staple gun on my wish list.

Chisberry12: Do you only use the narrow crown staples and no hot melt glue?

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!