Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 12:09:22 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Van Mileage

Started by kodydog, October 18, 2018, 06:19:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

She has a few dents and scratches but still runs like a champ.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

65Buick

Ha! All you need is 38,900 and you've driven to the moon.
Then, you can drive back.

kodydog

I wonder how long that would take at 70 mph. A few tanks of gas eh.

65Buick

Dunno. Took my Dad 20 odd years sitting in traffic to get his Acura there.
It didn't make it back. Sounded a bit like the Pfaff in the end.

Mojo

For us old guys, seeing that mileage is pretty amazing. We grew up with some tough and powerful engines but at a 100 K miles you
would maybe start experiencing the engine being down a little on power, maybe smoke a little and use oil. At 150 K miles they were worn out. Now days they will go 250 - 300 K miles with nothing more then a simple tune up. I chalk that up to the advances in metallurgy ( rings, valves, etc ) and the oil we use today.

I just got rid of my Chevy HHR and my old Dodge pickup last week and bought a new Ram 2500 4x4. It will be the last new vehicle I will ever buy in my lifetime. The prices are crazy. They had a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was a supercharger edition sitting on the showroom floor. The sticker price was $ 91,000. Are you freaking kidding me ? For a Grand Cherokee ? I looked at dozens of trucks all priced in the $ 70 K range. My truck stickered at almost $ 50 K. Thank God for rebates and dealer incentives that brought the price down to just under $ 40 K. Even then I was pissed I spent that much. Gorgeous truck and can tow anything but the price ? Really ?

It is pretty bad when vehicle prices are hitting the mark of what many of us paid for our homes. Makes you wonder how high these prices can go before the auto industry tanks.

Mojo

kodydog

15 years ago the auto industry was in a recession. My van was an end of the year model and I was able to pick it up for less than $18K. Looking at delivery vans on line, apparently Ford no longer makes the e-150. Its been replaced with the boxy looking Transit. Stripped down version starts at $32,000 and quickly goes up with added features. I hope to keep my van for another 50K miles or more. I'll drive it until it dies. Maybe the van and I will both retire at the same time.

SteveA

I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/hemi - I bought new for my wife and i got it from her in 2010.  It's a great car - no trouble - Quadra track - with the seats down I can fit almost anything.  Paid 37,000 it listed for 40,500 - got zero interest for 5 years.  I would like to replace it but I think I'm looking at 60,000 plus if I want the hemi again. 
It seems these manufacturers are pushing the 3.7 or 4.0 - they have made the cars with bigger engines more expensive - too much for me.  I might look at a truck with a cap - it's in my price range
SA

Mojo

My new Ram has the 5.7 Hemi. If you really want sticker shock, check out the price if a diesel truck. YIKES .....

Mojo