Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 02:20:16 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Photobucket Update

Started by kodydog, May 30, 2018, 02:40:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Two weeks ago I received a notice in my email from Photobucket stating they are under new management. They promised to cut a lot of the advertising and be more user friendly.

So today I messed around with it. It took me a while to figure out what I was doing because I hadn't used it in a long time. The ads still pop up but not near as bad as it once was. And I figured out my uploading issue. I revamped my barber chair post and think I have it figured out.

Lets hope Photobucket finally has their act together. They seem to be the only photo storing site that has the thumbnail option. At least the only one that doesn't have ads for sexy ladies from foreign countries looking for a husband. And how come no sexy guys looking for a wife? I digress.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

65Buick

Well that's good news. You're right about the thumbnail, I think.
Yes probably most people would pay a reasonable fee not to have ads.
A foreign sexy husband? Anything's possible. But does the market demand?

karenward

I think nowadays it is normal to pay if you don't want to see ads. One side needs to earn money and the other wants to surf the Internet more comfortably. So the other side should pay for it
Hi to everybody here!

kodydog

Hi Keran and welcome to the forum. Personally I would rather see the ads than pay. And this is how Photobucket worked for many years. I even bought products they offered. Then suddenly the ads overtook in a fashion that it made the site unusable. It was pretty much if you didn't pay you couldn't use the site. And that's fine, its their site they can do as they please.

The problem is low data forums like this depend on Photobucket to keep from running out of server space. So people like me found alternative sites to post our pictures. I chose Google Photos. And I'm guessing I was not the only one because now Photobucket has had a change of heart and a change in management.

Now Photobucket is back to where they once were. And I am using them again with the ads and I'm very happy. I guess like any business you try things to increase revenue and if it doesn't work you go back to square one. 
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html