Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 01:06:32 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Leather welt cord

Started by gkm09, December 15, 2017, 07:21:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gkm09

I'm having a hard time getting my panels and welt tight together on leather cushions any tips? It takes a couple passes because it seems like im getting it real tight but then when i look i can still see the first set of stitches.

sofadoc

What kind of foot are you using?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gkm09

Welt foot on an artisan 1508-10h

kodydog

December 15, 2017, 09:16:59 am #3 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:18:47 am by kodydog
I think what Sofa is getting at is there are different size welt feet. There are also different sizes of welt. Perhaps a thinner welt would help.

Sewing leather is harder then sewing cloth. Sometimes on thick leather you have to keep working with it until you get it right. You can also feed the fabric into the machine slightly to the right to get the needle tight against the welt.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

If you have a slightly larger (oversize) foot you can run the first pass with it and then the second pass with the standard size foot for the cord your suing. Or another way is sew ll three pieces at once. It isn't all that hard once you do it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gkm09

I do sew one panel and the welt at the same time i havent attempted 3 at once.

MinUph

Try it on some scrap you will be surprised.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website