Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 09:21:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sewing how hard can it be?

Started by Mike, May 24, 2013, 04:34:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I read this a a forum. A guy was lookkng for   New cushions for a patio  deck seat.
Today, 03:35 AM
HarborRat
     befriend

403 posts, read 130,133 times

If you are handy enough to wall-fish cat6 and patient enough to crimp the ends on I'm sure you can handle a little sewing. Buy some cheap oversize cushions and modify them down to size. I saw a few big old sewing machines for under $10 at the Bargain Barn in North Port last week ....but you can do that job by hand with a little fishing braid as thread.

Real men know how to sew. Boat seats, sails, convertible tops and chairs only though......

Mojo

Mike:

believe it or not I inspected the toppers on a quad slide bus. I asked the owner " who re-sewed these toppers for you ". He proudly told me " I did ". What did you use for thread ?

Ready for this ?????????

Dental Floss.................... The guy actually went and bought a huge roll of dental floss and sewed them using a hooked needle.........LOL......:)

Just when I think I have seen and heard it all someone comes along and knocks me off my feet. The funny part is that the dental floss held very well for a couple years.

Chris

JuneC

Quote from: Mojo on May 24, 2013, 06:57:18 am
The funny part is that the dental floss held very well for a couple years.

Chris

Dental floss will outlast polyester thread.  Most of it is a PTEF fiber like Tenara and Solarfix.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

sofadoc

Quote from: JuneC on May 24, 2013, 07:18:26 am
Dental floss will outlast polyester thread.  Most of it is a PTEF fiber like Tenara and Solarfix.

Tenara is too expensive..........I floss with 69 nylon :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

hdflame

Quote from: sofadoc on May 24, 2013, 12:28:36 pm
Quote from: JuneC on May 24, 2013, 07:18:26 am

Tenara is too expensive..........I floss with 69 nylon :D

That's funny, I don't care who you are!
Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)