Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:36:45 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Heyy all

Started by Mike8560, October 16, 2010, 06:08:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin

glad you are doing  better Mike-wishing you a speedy recovery!

be glad you are in Florida-we've had measurable snow on Mt. Washington already!

southerncomfort

Hi Mike,  Really sorry to hear about  your stroke.  Between my mother and working as a bartender with "elderly" people I have experience.  Lots of therapy.  If you need help I'm in your neighborhood.,

Chill

I really hope therepy is working for you, Mike. I enjoy your posts and hope you keep us updated.
Prayers,
Carol

wind_rose_2

Mike l was shocked to hear of your stroke and hope you take it easy and recover fast. Like me Mike we could standto loose a few pounds.
l lost myMother recently and so have not been on the board much.
I wll becoming to Floridaagain this wnter for 3 months and promise not to bring winter with me as l did lastyear.
If you could use a hand around the shop drop me a line...there for ya buddy!
Dave

hdflame

Dang Mike, I hate to hear that buddy!

I was reading about Chris's motorhome fiasco and saw where you had a stroke.  Everything's happened while I've been fighting my dad blum laptop!  Just got it back today and trying to catch up on reading some of the posts on the forum.

I had some corrupted files and couldn't even get it to turn on, so I had to have an expert fix it....my fine alignment tool (big hammer) wouldn't git 'er done!

Keep poking at that keyboard, I'm sure it's some good eye/hand coordination therapy.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Darren Henry

QuoteKeep poking at that keyboard, I'm sure it's some good eye/hand coordination therapy

I'm sure it is. When Dad had his stroke he had problems with his left hand and leg not wanting do as they were told so he was going 2 hours up the road twice a week for physio. They had him moving marbles from this dish to that dish; first right hand, then left hand. (wax on wax off, paint the fence LOL). He also decided to sell his electrical business so was doing inventory and cleaning out vans etc...He quickly informed them that he would be putting marrettes (wire connectors) etc into boxes instead of their %$## marbles.

I'm certainly not advocating Mike should close up shop. (Dad  had been thinking about that for a while anyway.) My point is many everyday activities that we don't even think about are the same as all the fancy "therapy" that we run to the "professionals" for.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike8560

actually ive been doing some sewing and watklkng where im surprised.

its talking im having trouble with i thihk faster then i can produce the words.
yalking on the phone or to people xan be frustratung.. asife from that in good,,

Darren Henry

RIGHT ON BRO. Your making my typing look bad all ready.  :P
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

regalman190

Somehow, I knew it wouldn't take you long to get to that sewing machine. Way to go, but take it slow! One day at a time! keep us up to date.

Regal Canvas

JuneC

Quote from: Mike8560 on October 26, 2010, 05:44:10 pm
i thihk faster then i can produce the words.

Now that should keep you out of trouble...  Most of us, me especially, produce words without having thought  :-[ 

Glad you're getting up and around and doing stuff.  It'll all help I'm sure.  Like Darren says, "occupational" therapy....

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Highvelocity

Hey Mike, I am glad to hear you are doing better.  Keep at it, it's a tough road but it will continue to improve. 

Ed
Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

hidebound

My computer has been down for over a month so I just read about your misfortune. I see that you are feeling better just want to wish you the best.

bobbin

I already see improvement in your typing, Mike!

The best thing you can do is get back to doing things, familiar things.  The "paths" in our brains for familiar things are well worn and strokes are like obstacles on those paths.  Going back to familiar trails allows the brain a chance to find a detour and then use it quickly and efficiently to by-pass the obstacle.  Repetition is your best friend after a stroke. 

Keep grinding away and keep doing what they tell you to do.  Esp. when it's hard!  You will get there, my friend.  Hang tough!

PDQ

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, Mike.

Jerry.

rustyeod

Mike
Glad you are doing so well.  "Can't keep a good man down"