Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 05:18:57 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

fresh talent

Started by chrisberry12, March 05, 2014, 06:08:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

I wonder how many of those use what they learned in everyday life though.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

brmax

As Dennis mentioned I think that testing and measuring somehow says what is or not being used enough in the area of training. What is the saying take a horse to water but you cannot make them drink!, I just know for a fact the English comp, calculus, biology teachers were glad I was is the other electives. Now I was lucky to have married a smart lady and my young ones seem to enjoy the mentioned classes. figure that? I just keep paying for the ap classes happily
Hey have a good Friday everyone

Mojo

BRMAX:

Funny you should mention AP classes. My wife, a math teacher is the department chair at a private high school. She teaches all the AP math classes as she is the highest degreed math teacher in the school. The same holds true for all the other AP classes. The highest degreed teachers ( typically Masters or PHD ) teach the AP classes.

(Being a private school with an immense focus on education versus extra curricular activities 90 % of her students are college bound after graduation. Hence the popularity of all the AP classes they have at her school. They are great primers for college bound kids.

Myself I nearly slit my throat when taking Algebra. I hated math with a passion. My worst subject by far.

Chris

Mike

I hated science that had math equations, the only time I ever got a F

byhammerandhand

Guess I'm the outlier.   I have two sisters that are five and nine years older than me.   I remember my dad spending every evening with them when they were in Algebra.   I got there and wondered what the problem was.   I ended up with bachelor's and master's degrees in theoretical math.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison