Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:51:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Workman's Comp Insurance

Started by scott_san_diego, November 30, 2011, 06:18:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scott_san_diego

Does anyone have a good source/company for Workman's comp insurance.  My current policy is coming up for renewal, want to see if someone might have a better rate.  I am located in California.

Thanks Scott

JuneC

I don't have a policy.  In Florida it isn't required unless you have 3 or more employees.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

kodydog

I was going to say I've never bought it. I think most folks here are one man or mom and pop shops. My employes have always been part time and the states I've lived in don't require it. Yet.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike8560

scott_san_diego

In California you are required to have it.  It is very expensive.  It is based on your payroll.  You pay so much per $100 of payroll. 
In my case I have two employees.  I used to classify them both under Upholsterer.  But I just found out that the rate for a seamstress is cheaper than for the upholsterer.  Just switched to Farmers for my Workman's comp Insurance.  They were about $1,100 cheaper than what I was paying with my other company.

byhammerandhand

No employees here either.   In Ohio a few years ago, the workmen's comp fund got invested in some shady "coin" deals.   My daughter's father-in-law operates a bakery and their rates went way up following that.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison