Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 12:31:40 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

First Sails & now frocks !

Started by Grebo, November 26, 2014, 08:48:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

Blimey I am getting some variety right now.
Just taken up my very first chiffon dress, chopped 5" off the bottom & rolled the edge. Scary stuff this chiffon, I think I would rather make a dodger, not so nerve wracking.

Suzi

Virgs Sew n Sew

Chiffon is very tricky to work with.  There is only one thing worse IMO and I cannot even remember the correct name.  Looks just like net except that is extremely slick and slides around easily which makes trimming it an absolute bear.  Will probably run screaming in the opposite direction the next time I get a formal dress trimmed with that stuff!

Have fun!

Virginia

JuneC

Have fun with that Suzi.  :D  Every once in a while I get the urge to sew something domestic - except that my walking foot machines don't do chintz or anything approaching it.  I'd never try something as delicate as chiffon or voile. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Grebo

The only machine I have to do it with is the overlocker, after removing the fear factory ie: ironing in the new hem line, it wasn't to bad. First time I ever used the rolled hem on the machine, looks good.

Suzi