Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:33:17 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

A massage message for the DIYers among us.

Started by gene, November 07, 2013, 05:44:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

November 07, 2013, 05:44:14 am Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:44:42 am by gene
Howdy,

My son did some work for me on Monday. He took the old fabric off of 4 dining room chair slip seats, and 1 small fully upholstered straight back chair. I haven't seen him since. LOL I had told him that I have at least 3 or 4 days of work for him.

My wife, his mom, said he told her that he wouldn't want my job because it's too hard and his hands hurt.

Here's a link I ran across awhile ago that has been helpful for me in relieving some of the pain from my overworked hands.

The three video links in blue: video1, video 2, video 3.

http://www.do-it-yourself-joint-pain-relief.com/hand-pain-relief.html

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

Different work but my hand will cramp up doing repetitive sewing
The worst is lacing on a t top canvas. 
My son tyed working wuth me for a week he was 22 and wanted no part of it.
Too good i gueese

MinUph

I watched the second one. I followed hos instructions to find a sore spot on my arm and press on it with my thumb. I couldn't find any sore spot there but after pressing all over I had a few of them LOL
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

momto3fatdogs

Quote from: gene on November 07, 2013, 05:44:14 am
My wife, his mom, said he told her that he wouldn't want my job because it's too hard and his hands hurt.

gene

Gene, My husband & I have 2 daughters. My husband is a landfill district manager. We "conditioned" our girls to go to college by paying them $10 an hour (yes cash) to pick up litter. Best college incentive EVER. they were in high school when we did this. Oldest daughter, now a CPA, told my husband that she'd rather earn minimum wage as a cashier at the local seafood restaurant than make $10 picking up litter. Youngest daughter, now an SLP (speech pathologist), told us she'd rather VOLUNTEER at a summer camp for special needs kids than "do what you two do for a living". While we don't pick up litter very often anymore.....I just don't think my children's generation have any desire to work hard physically, no matter what the pay. They are now 27 & 31. And neither one of them get thier hands dirty.

Pressure points don't work for me, more like Ecedrin & coffee to the trick.

Sam