Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 08:09:09 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Slip tacks

Started by evanbever, October 21, 2013, 01:23:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

evanbever

Can anyone tell me where I can get some slip tacks have tried a couple of different suppliers but so far no luck.

MinUph

PLease explain what a slip tack is?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Are you talking about regular upholstery tacks that you temporarily drive half way down,
so you can pull them out in order to readjust the fabric if necessary?

Different regions have different terminology. I'm not familiar with "slip tacks".

BTW Sorry I called you a "He" in the other thread. And for some reason, the thread about stretcher fabric is locked right now, so I can't reply there. When Paul said that he likes to bury the tape 2" deep under the inside arm, he's simply referring to a measuring tape.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

evanbever

Yes I am talking about the temporary upholstery tack that you use to position the fabric before doing the final staple,
thanks for explaining about the tape I am new to upholstery my background is in draperies, so some of the terminology I use I have read in books

MinUph

You should be able to find tacks through any upholstery supply house. #3 or #4 are good for tacking like your asking. You can also drive a staple at an angle so it is easy to remove if you dont spit tacks.
  I see the other "stretcher" post is back open now.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

evanbever

thanks, I think I was having a problem finding them because I was referring to them as "slip tacks"