Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 02:33:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Am I being sexist, nit picking, or am I right on!

Started by gene, May 08, 2011, 08:23:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Several of my running buddies are Airline pilots. During a discussion I asked them what they thought of female pilots. All of them said " A woman can fly a plane better then a man can because they fly smoothly due to having an amazing feel of the controls where a man horses a plane around the air ".

I always listen and have learned a lot from our female members here. I consider them exceptional at what they do. If June or Bobbin, Suzi, Cheryl or whomever posts a " How to " or advice, I take it to heart and accept it just as if it was coming from a man. I think in some cases they are better then us men at stitching.

But then again, the reason why a womans feet are smaller then men's is so then can get closer to the sink when doing dishes.  ;D

I do know that if giving birth was a mans job there would be no new babies. One guy would tell the rest of us about the experience and we would all run down and have our tubes tied.  :P

But I still enjoy harassing the ladies on here and thankfully they all have a sense of humor. Otherwise, Gene, Big John and myself would have been scalped a long time ago.

:)

Chris

Highvelocity

I dont' think sexism has anything to do with it...  I think the only question here is whether this info is correct for an instructional video???  Keep in mind it's for a novice to learn on.   So if I were explaining this to a novice I think I would recommend a mallot.  plain and simple.

Infomation is either correct or incorrect, should it matter who and how it's delivered??
Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

Darren Henry

QuoteI try to use my diagonal pliers as a hammer with the staple puller all the time to save a step but it never works out.

That's how I was taught and what I find the fastest. I generally use the berry instead the osborne she was using but both work the same. A little snap of the wrist once the point is driven under the staple will often poop them right out ,otherwise the one side will come up so you can grab it with the side cutters and remove it. This approach automatically puts the beating device in your dominant hand (ready for step two) and the extractor (which ever one you choose) in the hand you mind least whacking when you miss.

I have no issue (despite those warnings) about hammering that hard with a pair of side cutters.I would not try to drive a 6" pole barn nail that way mind you. The only down side I see is that repeatedly tapping your side cutters can magnetize them. Then you're having to pull or shake the staples off all the time.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!