Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 09:54:31 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Some things I don't understand

Started by byhammerandhand, October 08, 2013, 03:34:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

I made two materials purchases yesterday at places where I have  "business" or "wholesale" accounts.

1.  I ordered some stuff from the first one.   On their retail side, there was free shipping with a $25 order.  I ordered 3 items at $8.99 so I qualified for free shipping.   On the wholesale side, the items were $8.09, drat, not quite $25.   Added a small items to get the total over $25 but because it was the wholesale side, free shipping was not offered and it would have been $8.95 to ship.    So, cheaper to buy retail.

2. Ordered a bunch of wood products.   From their internet side (the retail side) I calculated an $85 order.  Now, mind you, the retail side has quantity discounts up to 1000 on most items.   Called the order in to the wholesale side.   She calls back later, my order is only $55, so it doesn't meet their minimum.  If I order more of the item I'd bought a lot of, I'd meet the minimum order.   I decided I'd rather have another item to fill the order.  No, that's only on the retail side.  So I get more of same.  So it was $10 cheaper to buy more and throw away 20% of it.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mojo

I just ordered 100 ft of 5/32 polyrod for slide toppers. Shipping was $ 15.95. If I ordered 1,000 ft then shipping was $ 15.95.

Really ????

BTW, It took me 3 years to find this polyrod in this size. I could have bought it through an RV dealer at $ 1.97 ft. Instead I opened an account with the wholesalers and paid .06 cents per ft. Since I now have an account with them I am going to start offering parts for topper and awning assemblies as I get calls for that quite often.

Chris