Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 03:37:31 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Same ole' junk

Started by sofadoc, March 29, 2014, 08:52:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

A local furniture store that I do the repairs for recently told me that they are fed up with Ashley, so they've started buying from other manufacturers.

Here's their latest offering. This is part of the main vertical back support.

Call Home Depot......we need more wafer board!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

This is the majority of my work load---fixing garbage. The other thing that strikes me is the lack of mass in the "wood" parts. I've got 4 pieces in the shop right now with broken spring rails. They are all 1"X2" and snapped at a knot. Now days you can build a sofa with 4 hockey sticks and the box they came in.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

SteveA

That is easily repairable to new condition with Gorilla Glue, sheet rock screws, + 2 inch mending plates.  I would just tell the customer following restorations that leaning back occasionally is fine now - and the warranty is still in effect .
SA

chrisberry12

What a joke, they actually get people tp buy that junk. Well some of the expensive stuff is not much better. I just re did the leather on two chairs that cost over $5000 each and the quality of the frame suggested maybe the chair should have sold for 600-1000 range. It sickens me. It's throw away world