Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 01:58:47 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Get your socks out florida

Started by Mike, January 06, 2014, 05:26:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

It was cold. (I know i know ) cor us but yesterday it tose to 80* this morning it is 62*
To oroe morning it is susposed be 37*.

Im moving south.

gene

An article this morning said there were arctic birds in Florida.

Don't forget "global warming". It's still the best way our government has to drastically raise taxes on we the gullible citizenry.

And speaking of ice cold: Hillary Clinton has officially announced that she is running for Emperor of the good ol' US of A in 2016.

I've been taking bets now for the last 2 years: I say either Hillary or Barrack Obama will be the next president.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

We just finished planting $ 500 worth of plants for our ongoing landscape project. Guess what I will be doing tonight ? Yup. Covering all of them with sheets. The low for the next two days is supposed to be 30 degrees here. :(

Back into the 70's by the weekend.

Chris

Mike

im ready for summer. first it was a warm winter , I had the top down 2 days ago the next bight it was cold then yesterday hot again now cold. , mojo niuvce thing is I get heat off the water in my backyard, ive seen before when weve had cold nght where some gouses lost sentive trees like banana trees where the l\next street over they were ok on a canal lot. .   good luck with the plants ive heard if you turn your sprinklers on at night the water keeps them warm , makes sence

byhammerandhand

Let's talk Aug 15 about FL weather.

Our next commander-in-chief?

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mike

January 06, 2014, 04:41:42 pm #5 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:42:14 pm by Mike

Max Temperature 86 °F  
Min Temperature 75 °F  

Moisture
Dew Point 74 °F      
Average Humidity 83    

Precipitation
Precipitation 0.02 in  

last august was nice
but the temp is dropping fast tonight with heavy winds out of the north

SteveA

January 08, 2014, 04:04:56 am #6 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:21:41 pm by SteveA
I'm not a Hillary supporter nor do I like the way one party was able to push through their agenda without compromise.
The folks in charge need oversight to prevent the excessive perks they reward themselves with while distracting the public on issues they pretend are unsolvable.  Is the Country as good as it could be ?  For starters address the greed up top -
SA

baileyuph

Unfortunately, seems all an individual can do is vote.  My taxes keep going up and fewer people working (paying none), the deficit continues to rise, not a good situation going forward.  Up "top" doesn't act responsible!

Doyle

jojo

Not sure where you're getting your facts, Doyle, but the deficit is shrinking, and fast. http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/30/news/economy/deficit-2013-treasury/

gene

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 08 Jan 2014 at 08:55:01 PM GMT is:
$ 1 7 , 3 1 5 , 4 6 8 , 6 1 0 , 5 3 4 . 5 2

Last line of jojo's CNN article: "Their concern is about the subsequent decades when spending on major entitlement programs, as well as interest on the debt, will consume much larger portions of the budget while revenue is not expected to increase enough to keep pace."

Decades? Our great grandchildren will be paying off our debt. Thanks kids.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

baileyuph

January 08, 2014, 08:47:30 pm #10 Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:13:22 pm by DB
Genes point was also noted by me, the reference even admited there are serious concerns over being able to pay for the entitlement programs going forward the next 20 to 30 years.

The government budget office put this referenced report out and are trying to be persuasive over a very small window.  Independent reports are painting the total picture which is a serious problem.

What was the budget when the current president took office and what is it now?   Well it was smaller when he took office (5 trillion) but it has increased by another 8 trillion.  The current president has increased the deficit far more in 5 years than the previous president ran up in 8.

The whole picture not a snap shot is the problem.

Doyle

JuneC

And the cold was followed by rain.   and more rain.  and more rain.  Almost 2 feet yesterday, right up the road from me.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/breaking-news/rainfall-estimates-in-hardest-hit-areas/ncjHW/
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

kodydog

Quote from: byhammerandhand on January 06, 2014, 02:30:53 pm
Let's talk Aug 15 about FL weather.

Our next commander-in-chief?

Um, so Bill has her convinced that is 10".
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

ya you guys got dumped on here june it was hust heavy mist all day with a little drizzle

momto3fatdogs

I am originally from southern California - moved to middle Tennessee in 1988. Tuesday morning? It was MINUS 2 degrees. MINUS! I have never been this cold in my life. And it's never been this cold the whole time I've lived here. I will be so happy to see spring this year! So happy.

Sam