Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 10:05:19 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

ID

Started by Cheryl, July 30, 2011, 03:04:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheryl

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to ID this machine and since there are so many of you  knowledgable about sewing machines... maybe someone has an idea?  Its not a Singer..  but it is a treadle...

Here's a link... thanks for looking.. :-)  I appreciate it!  ( maybe someone's grammie had one??)   And yes.. I have posted this at several  specialty forums at yahoo.. but if you know of any outside of yahoo -- feel free to share!  Thanks!

https://www.me.com/gallery/#100106
   Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

Mike8560

Linked to somThing cAlled mobile  me
a d wanted to sell me a subscription? 

Cheryl

July 30, 2011, 08:27:44 pm #2 Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:50:28 pm by Cheryl
Argh!!  I am so sorry...  evidently  Apple is changing their services and  pics is changing.. grrrr...  let me see if I can get  them loaded up at Yahoo or somewhere.. *sigh* brb

ok ..try this...
http://gallery.me.com/upholsteress#100106/IMAG1179&bgcolor=black

Laughter does a heart good, like a medicine...  Laugh often.  Cry when you need to...  but Love always.

Cheryl

There are several pics -- look around.. thanks!! :-)

Mojo

I have one identical to that but mine is a Singer. I have it stored in the basement at our other home in TN. I wished I had it here so I could play with it. I have never sewn on a treadle machine and wold love to give it a go just once. I paid $ 100 for it at an antique auction. :)

I have no idea who the manufacturer is of that machine. Not a clue. Sorry.

Chris

Cheryl

Thanks Mojo..  I  bought this at a resale shop here in town .. $35.. thought I was buying the cabinet.. had no idea there was a machine in it!  So I am a happy lil clam.  Just gotta ID the darn thing :-)

sofadoc

It reminds me of a "New Davis" that I had. When my wife's grandmother died, I "inherited" 4 antique treadle machines. I put them up for sale at a local consignment shop. The most that I got for any of them was $40.
Around these parts, the terms "antique dealer" and "junk dealer" are interchangable.
I'm always fascinated to read of the appreciation that people on this board have for antiques. I wish that this area was more like that.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Cheryl

Oh Sofadoc.. I absolutely *LOVELOVELOVE!* old stuff.  It has character, charm..  and an elegance not found in today's  marketplace.   PLus its DURABLE!  And  while my fingers  run over its parts.. admiring the soft curves or the smooth machinery...whether its a sofa, ornate chair.. a hand built rocker or an old sewing machine... even rusty old junk.. I wonder whose hands  toiled to build this  item...  what was  their life like??  What were their dreams... hmm.. was there even time for  hopes and dreams??   And the workmanship...  have you  looked at some of the attachments for the old machines??   :o  My  soon to be son in law is an engineering major and math genius and he is just fascinated and the complexity of the featherweight attachments... HE admires the minds that created this stuff.. :-)  I ramble.. my bad..

Breaks over!  Back to work!