Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 04:49:07 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Any success with craigslist?

Started by timtheboatguy, August 06, 2012, 09:22:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigredneck

My business is part time, I'm strictly word of mouth. Years ago I did yellow pages,  newspaper, etc, etc. Mostly wasted my money & time. My other business  has higher profit margins, with less time involved. That said, I enjoy upholstery work and that's why I do it.
If folks are willing to wait, then I'll do it.  Very glad to find this forum,  Im always willing to learn.
Upholstery done part time for past 30 years.

brmax

I am convinced repitition is the best,  dealing with all of the calls is some other topic that i need to study.  Theres several ways people are checking and valuing options before commiting to be your customers.  Its almost like you need to funnel the question  to info for your particular routine.  Anyhow you always heard them say in marketing the more people see or hear an ad is the proven winner.  Not so much the big sign or blinking, but other repitition.
It worked for my drill Sargent!

Mike

I think its all cheap buyers I got one call once a guy looking for a cheap cover, I myself am a cheap buyer I bought a used boatlift there chesap cause I didn't want to pay new , and reciently I bought a great sunroom set for $150  cause  I didn't want to pay $1500