Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 07:07:42 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Latest Project-Motorcycle Seat Cover

Started by BlueFlamingo, August 27, 2014, 10:37:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFlamingo

My son is Crazy!!!  He sold his Harly and Bought one of these!!!

His was NOT the Deluxe model shown in the pic and did NOT have padded seats so he called me and wanted to know if I could make one.  He sent me a pattern that he drew an outline of the seat on a Brown grocery bag.  Here's the results.

I free handed the top stitching so it ain't perfect but he said not to worry about it so I didn't.  It's not bad but it ain't perfect either.  Pick up some scrap Naugahyde and foam so total cost was around $15 bucks.  20" zipper in the back and 2" of extra firm foam for padding.  Elastic banding to hold it on.  It's about 12" x 14" x 2" thick  I learn a bit more every time I sit in front of that walking foot.  You guys that do it for a Living amaze me with your skills!!!!

Darren Henry

Is that the Ural or the Neppa (sp)? Either way be thankfull he went with aftermarket seats. My buddy Jerry sent back to Germany for a set of the OEM rubber skins with no zippers for his Ural. Like trying to put Mike in my wet suit  ::). the two of us had to use a heatgun,two shoehorns and my lasting pliers to get the upper seat on. [No I'm not making that up---what a b$%^& !]
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

BlueFlamingo

It's a Ural!!!  I still can't believe he Traded his Anniversary Version Harley for it!  Oh well He and his 5 year old Son seem to be enjoying it a lot, so I guess if he's using it instead of storing it in the Garage most of the time like the Harley I guess it's worth it.

Darren Henry

I'm a little shakey on the models. Jerry has had his for some time now and I've forgotten which models have the two wheel drive. I believe his is the Patrol and he can engage the side car wheel for off roading.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

BlueFlamingo

You are correct.  It is the Patrol and the axle is Live and does engage for off road use.  It's a kool bike but...It's NOT a HARLEY!!!