Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 10:47:43 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What is this newer decorating style called?

Started by baileyuph, January 26, 2014, 06:22:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

I am getting a lot of furniture work in lime greens, hot pink, and black and white modern abstract prints, and even some with french words in the pattern with architectural or classic looking artifacts in the background.

What is this decorating trend called.  Most of my customers are pretty young going for this stuff.  It isn't my bag, but they pay and I put the material on.  Matters not so much for me.  The quality of the material isn't the highlight of the event.  Some of it is the Waverly brand stuff.

Is this part of the millineum group culture?

Doyle

bobbin

I'm always interested to watch color trends in interior work.  Presently, I've had a tough time finding fabrics (in my price range) that appeal to me for a re-do of the master bedroom window treatments.  I love toiles but can't find one that appeals to me and many of the prints are too contemporary or in color ways that don't appeal to a "traditional sensitivity" who expects the drapery treatments to last for 10-20 yrs.. 

I did, however, just sell a job that involved one of those bright "spring"/"apple"/"lime" greens.  In combination with a very conservative textured fabric (gold/terra cotta/same green) it looks terrific.  And against the cherry wood in the main salon it's bright, cheery, and not in the least overwhelming.  It should be a nice change from the dark green, and beige that's presently there. 

sofadoc

I am seeing a lot of black and white. And I'm seeing a decent amount of the French words. But the neon limes and pinks came and went around here a couple of years ago (usually mixed with animal prints).

The animal prints has been an enigma around here for several years. It never really took off. But on the other hand, it won't go away either. Kinda like Southwest patterns did for many years.

I don't even try to name the style. That's for the decorators to do.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban