Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 11:53:58 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Headway

Started by bobbin, May 21, 2012, 04:39:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbin

I just reread ICupholstery's question about the pontoon interior.  And I was thinking that it takes time, practice, and a few mistakes to get things running smoothly.  I have a ton of work right now, and I haven't had to "eat" a job in a really long time. 

My time estimates have been right on the snapper, so "beat the clock" hasn't been a factor.  And my fabric estimates have been generous enough that I haven't had to struggle and the customer hasn't ended up with lots of left overs.  I have established accounts with several suppliers, order on-line and receive statements electronically. 

The computer is still a struggle but with a good book keeper and diligence it's paying off!  I have resisted the temptation to hand write bills and can now fumble through inventory entries with relative ease.  In truth, the added dimension of the computer is the hardest part of what I do! the key is to not be overwhelmed by it and pick away at it. 

How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time!

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on May 21, 2012, 04:39:17 pm
How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time!

How do you know if there's an elephant hiding in your refridgerator?
There's a big round footprint in the Jello. :D
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban