Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 12:48:08 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Price Estimate?

Started by jojo, May 08, 2014, 06:31:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

im glad you have reached a point that you can take it easier june im working on as time marches by

timtheboatguy

Quote from: timtheboatguy on May 18, 2014, 04:45:47 pm
This is very helpful! I have been working too cheap :(

Just To Clarify, I have only done three enclosures and all of them had a good bimini top, but I had estimated them too low and lost my shirt. The hours I thought it would take versus actual hours in the job was way WAY different. I did not mean to imply that anyone here was charging too much.

http://www.timtheboatguy.com

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
Douglas MacArthur

Mike

Tim not being as fast as other shop around you maybe you would have to figure you rate to compete id  figure 40 hours from pattern to i stall. Even i i was tired and took 6 days pattern and take the rest of the day off you know?   That how i was at 3600.

Nlw of you took 2 weeks lets say  the owner is not going to pay twice as much

fragged8

I just had an estimate accepted for a similar enclosure at £3k ( $4500 )and as i'm no where near as fast as Mike
I'm figuring about 50-55 hours which includes making the frame.
BTW i wont be putting any smiles or mesh etc into the curtains.

Rich